Saturday, March 29, 2008

In Case You Missed The Subtlety

Yes, it appears to be true - The Lippmans are pregnant again! We're about 30 seconds pregnant - enough for the pregnancy tests (yes, I took three of them plus a blood test with the doctor) to show two lines, but not enough for the oh-so-pleasant first trimester pregnancy symptoms to begin.
We got this fantastic news on Easter morning (how appropriate!) but rather than making a huge announcement at dinner, we've just been casually telling our friends and family one person at a time. After all we went through with my first pregnancy, I think we're just slightly more nervous about things this time around. However, I've had a talk with Nana and explained that it's her job to watch from above and make sure everything goes perfectly, and our job to just enjoy this pregnancy and look forward to Lexi being a big sister.
We're all looking forward to the fun and long road ahead of us. First excitement on the list is my ultrasound on 4/14. Since I had a c-section I am considered "high risk" which is fine by me because I know that it's really just a precaution, but because of that status my doctors will pay extra close attention to me - something that was seriously lacking our last time around.
We told Lexi right away and while I don't think she really understands, she does talk about the baby in Mommy's tummy from time to time. Yesterday she asked me if she had a baby in her tummy!! Yesterday we went to The Museum of Science with Ben, Cassie and Auntie, so while we were there I took the opportunity to bring her to the exhibit on how babies grow inside the mommy. She seemed interested and I think she thought it was fun to see the little tiny babies - but, she's two, so I'm sure she won't fully grasp the concept until the baby actually arrives.
Tonight Grammy, Grampy, Auntie Kae, Uncle Doug and Aunt Petie are coming for dinner, and we're looking forward to telling them our news. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would have been great if I had read this before you had gotten a chance to tell us in person, then I wouldn't have had the 30 second delayed response to jump up and start yelling :) Right when you announced when you were pregnant I couldn't help but flash through my head "another one? but Lexi's already soo perfect!" and then I came to senses and remembered that Lexi's not going anywhere, we're just going to get another bundle of joy just as great as her! I'm soo excited for you!!