So, poor Ahren caught the bug on Sunday night. He was sick all night, and then slept most of the day on Monday. He was actually supposed to be in North Carolina yesterday, so at 6 in the morning I was calling his travel agent to cancel the trip for him... Anyway, needless to say, I've been cleaning a LOT - many loads of laundry, and the bathrooms are practically glowing now. I was up a lot of the night with him, so I was pretty tired yesterday. After I let Lexi come down from her (non) nap, I sat on the couch with my eyes closed "just resting my eyes" as Nana used to say, while she played with her "dog" house (doll house). :) I rested for about a half hour and "woke up" to Lexi dragging her stool over the the couch, climbing up onto the couch, and snuggling in next to me... My heart just melted. She is such an angel. It reminded me of this cute poem:
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
I also learned that the reason why Lexi has been fighting bed and naps this weekend and yesterday is because she now thinks that going to bed is going to make her throw up. We talked about it a little bit, and I explained that she was sick because she had a bug in her tummy (I can only imagine what she thought about that!) and that her bed was not going to make her sick. Last night she snuggled right in and went to sleep...phew!
Potty training continues to go well, even through her stomach bug. She has accidents throughout the day, but I think she goes on the potty more than in her diaper, so that's great. We have a little sticker chart to keep track of her progress, and she can earn a prize when she reaches the end of a row. She thinks that's pretty cool, and it has eliminated the mass of punching balloons that we had! The best part is that she's sitting for shorter periods of time, and still successful! Sometimes she calls to me from the bathroom, "Mama, come see what I did in the potty!" She's a cutie...
No comments:
Post a Comment