Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yuck!

Yesterday, Lexi and I had a wonderful day with Gigi and Great-Gram. Gigi took us all to the flower show in Boston, where Lexi had a blast running around looking at all there was to see. It really doesn't matter where you take her, she's just happy to walk around looking at whatever everyone else is looking at. Which makes her pretty darn enjoyable to take places! While we were waiting in line for lunch another woman was commenting on how Lexi looks like me. Great-Gram told her that we were four generations of girls, which the woman found amazing enough to repeat to the rest of her party. Then she said that it must be such a special day having all of us together. I thought that actually, what is special is that it's really just a pretty regular day. Lexi and I are so lucky to have Gigi and Great-Gram right up the street, and we see them all the time. She is one lucky kid (and I'm one VERY lucky mom!).

After a fantastic day, and a wonderful evening, Ahren took Lexi up to bed. As is becoming part of the routine, she cried for me when he put her to bed. During her fuss she said a few times that she had a tummy ache, but I was so sure that she was making it up to get me upstairs that I kept ignoring that and telling her to close her eyes and go to sleep. After awhile I realized that her tummy really was bothering her. I tried to just comfort her and get her to go to sleep thinking that she would feel better once she fell asleep. While I'm rubbing her back I'm thinking, "Luckily, Lexi never throws up, so if anything I'm just in for a night of changing lots of nasty diapers..." After she seemed to be pretty much asleep I tiptoed out of her room and downstairs. About 20 minutes later I was sure I had gotten her down when I heard her little cry again...I slowly dragged myself upstairs again and walked in to find her throwing up all over her bed and herself. ACK!! YUCK!! BLEH!!! I immediately called Ahren in who went right into bed changing duty while I tossed Lexi into the tub to wash out her hair. We got her cleaned up, and fresh sheets on the bed. She said her tummy felt much better, so I put her back in bed. Ten minutes later we were back up there changing sheets and jammies again. It was a long night after that...I finally got to bed around 12:30, only to be woken up at 4am to more sickies. Lexi and I were up together until around 6am when she dosed off again. I went back to bed and prayed for two hours of sleep. We got one (thanks cats!!) but Ahren went to deal with them (and sleep on the couch) and Lexi and I slept until 8. She seemed better this morning, with only one small bout of nausea. She fell asleep on the couch at 10:30, and by the time I got back from CVS with the Emetrol, she had slept it off and was back to normal. We were pretty nervous about giving her supper tonight, but she was very hungry so we let her eat. She is now sleeping peacefully in her (very clean) bed...and I'm headed to the couch to sleep until Ahren tells me it's time to go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nights like that are you ever tempted to use a disposable table cloth on her bed instead of a sheet ?