Saturday, March 24, 2012

Progress...

When it comes to construction in my house, the crew can never move fast enough.  I can't stand it, and the kitchen is definitely the worst!!  The walls and plaster went in this week, which is great because it's starting to look better, but horrible because now every inch of our home is covered in plaster dust.  Ahren and I have basically cleaned non-stop since returning home on Friday and as soon as we put the dust cloth down, we see a new layer of dust already forming.  I see it in the air, feel it everywhere, and I can even taste it.  It's awful.  But I know it will be coming to an end soon.  We are told that we should be finishing up with the trim this week, our new refrigerator will be installed on Friday, and then the following week the painters arrive.  I'm trying to keep my "eyes on the prize" but really, right now I feel like I'm living in a hell hole.

Monday is the beginning of some drastic improvements.  But here's where we are today...




More to come on Monday!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

It is looking great, and will be done before you know it! How wonderful!
Love,
Mxo