A couple of weeks ago Grammy and Grampy, Daddy and I took the kids to the New England Aquarium. Lexi had heard a presentation at school about penguins, and was excited to see some, and Zachary has been very into sharks lately, so it seemed like a good place to meet for a visit. Unfortunately, we were not the only ones who had this great idea, as the line when we got there was at least one full mile long. I know people say that when they are referring to a long line, "Geez, this line has to be a mile long!" but this was no exaggeration. If anything, I am underestimating. At first we stuck it out, but when we got to the door after twenty minutes and discovered more line, three times as long as what we just stood it, it was time to take action. While we wove back and forth and partook in the snacks they provided (the line was really that long...there were aid stations!!) I whipped out my iPhone and speedily purchased our tickets "online". Once I had a confirmation number we ducked under the ropes and went to the "pre-paid ticket line". There was only one person in front of us. One. Clearly many other people did not have this idea. Good for us.
Once we were finally in we had an absolute blast. I was concerned at first because it was so crowded, but we made it just in time to watch the penguins being fed, which provided a few minutes of great entertainment for all of us. As we were looking at all of the different penguins, Grammy pointed at one and said, "I wonder what that one is called." "Rock Hoppers" Lexi replied. We all chuckled and wandered off. Later Grammy wondered aloud about the name again, and Lexi again repeated, "They're called Rock Hopper's, Grammy." More chuckles from the adults, and more wandering. Finally we passed a sign and I laughed out loud. "Rock Hoppers". Of course. Why do we ever doubt Lexi? She is really almost never wrong.
 |
| Lexi with her penguin buddy. |
After awhile we made our way up and around the enormous center tank. We found an empty window and parked ourselves there for at least 30 minutes. The kids never stopped exclaiming or laughing at how huge and awesome all the fish were - the enormous turtles, the giant manta rays, and the SHARKS!! They were simply thrilled, as were we. After about twenty minutes I watched a diver jump into the tank. I was excitedly telling Zach to look behind him to see the diver. He wasn't looking in the right direction, but still asking me where he was. Suddenly the diver swam right up behind him, tapped on the glass, and waved to Zach. We all laughed, and then had fun watching the divers feeding all of the animals.
 |
| Zach loved the touch tank, and got to feel lots of manta rays! |
We had a lot of fun visiting the aquarium. After our visit, Auntie Kae joined us for a yummy dinner. The kids were exhausted after a long, fun day and were very happy to find their beds ready for them when we got home.
 |
| Lexi made friends with the seals |
(Somehow Ahren and I both managed to forget the camera so I only got a few with my phone. Grampy had one, and promises to send the pictures soon.)
No comments:
Post a Comment