Thursday, March 1, 2012

Snow, Finally

We've had very little snow this year. It's actually quite odd. In October we had a huge snow storm that took down trees and closed schools. But since then we've had nothing more than a dusting, until today. Yesterday afternoon it started snowing, and over 30 hours later it still has not stopped. Despite the mess it's caused, I've been glad to see it. But it was an eye opener as to how little snow we've had this year when Zach, while pointing to the snowflakes falling from the sky said to me, "Mama, what are those things? Are those things mosquitoes?" Yea, it's been a quiet winter. And I've enjoyed it.

Lexi and Zach are less than impressed with our "pile" than they were last year.

We had a short amount of time to play in the snow after picking up the kids from school and daycare. Lexi and Zach went off to play in the yard while I shovelled. A few minutes later, Lexi came running over to me with a football, laughing hysterically. She said, "Mom, I saw this in the snow and first I thought it was a rock, but then I looked closer and thought, 'what the heck is an armadillo doing in our yard??' then I realized it was a football."

My kids crack me up.

No comments: