So much has been going on since we returned from California that I am definitely ignoring some good updating, so since I have about five minutes in the house alone, I thought I would post a quick update on a few things...
House:
Yea, the house...it's getting to that point where things feel like they have slowed to a crawl, everything is a mess, and we are still not done! When we came home from CA we found that one of the kitchen breakers had been turned off, so everything that was in our freezer and fridge was completely spoiled...and melted and MOLDY all over the floor. It was a disaster that kept us up until almost 1am cleaning, and then three trips to the grocery store to re-stock.
Since we've been home we have been told that the sheet rock and plaster is going to be done almost every day, and every day it gets pushed off again. The latest is that the inspector came a half hour early today, when no one was here to greet him. He left, and now they are trying desperately to get him back this afternoon so that we can get the plaster people here tomorrow. I am trying to be Zen about everything, but the construction debris, holes in the walls, and massive mess and dust everywhere are making us all crazy. We will be so happy to have them done. The good news is that the outside is done and Ahren hopes to get out there to paint this weekend.
Lexi:
Amazing child as always. We've been busily planning her little birthday party for a Sunday afternoon at the beach. She decorated all of the envelopes herself, and has talked daily about her party.
We're still working on potty training. I've been telling her all month that on August 1st she will no longer wear pull-ups or diapers. She seems okay with that, we'll see how it goes! Now when I ask her if she needs to use the potty she says, "No, I think I'll wait until August." Ugh.
We met with an orthotist and PT on Friday to discuss orthotics to help her gait. They did recommend a small pair that we will get fitted for in September. They will help her foot to fall the right way every time, so that the rest of her muscles learn how they are supposed to respond to a foot fall. I'm actually excited to see if they work, and have this issue resolved once and for all.
Baby Boy:
He seems to be doing great. I am feeling pretty good now, and he is kicking and moving all over the place now. Ahren and my dad have now gotten to feel some pretty big kicks, but they are typically very low and soft, so there are not many opportunities for others to feel. Lexi has been resting on me when I feel kicks, and I ask her if she can feel them but I'm not sure if she really does. Charlie was lying next to me in bed last night and seemed annoyed when he got kicked a couple of times. However, he's a cat, so he could have been annoyed that I was looking at him the wrong way.
Other news:
Ahren's Uncle Jim passed away last Friday after a very long battle with cancer. He had been sick since I met Ahren, so while it's probably a good thing that he can finally rest, it is still hard for the family to say goodbye. We'll go to CT on Friday for the funeral.
We are still anxiously awaiting the results of Ahren's CFA exam, and should be hearing something in about two weeks or so (hopefully before we go to the beach).
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment