Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wow, Wow, Wow!!

Sometimes it's amazing to me how quickly things can turn around. Things have been going along fine...we had a lovely and relaxing weekend, everyone is healthy, things are going as expected. But...I have still been feeling lousy, and dealing with a three day marathon of a migraine was the last thing on my list of "thing I want to deal with", but alas, I don't get to choose sometimes. So, while things have been good, I've still be waiting (rather impatiently) to feel myself again.
Today things just turned around for me... It actually started last night. I'd been feeling awful, and dinner was one disaster after another. Our front porch step broke off, so Ahren was outside trying to fix it and I was inside trying not to pass out while Lexi played with her toys. Suddenly she says, "Mama, I have to use the potty." It was a sound as sweet as angels singing from the heavens. Off we went to the potty where she successfully went peepee and earned herself two stickers for her chart (she gets one for telling us she has to go, and one for actually going). Since she was off to bed pretty soon, I suggested she not put a diaper on until she got upstairs. I told her she had to remember to tell me if she needed to go again. Not long after, Ahren came in and she said, "Dadddy, I have to go potty again." Off they went to the potty, and she did peepee again!! Fast forward to this morning - while I was in the shower, she and Ahren were getting ready to go to Yaya's and once again she asked to go to the potty, and was successful. Could it be? Could she finally be on her way to big girl underwear??? Oh how sweet life would be!!
The next amazing thing that happened is that I woke up without the feeling like I had to run to the bathroom to throw up! My headache was gone, along with that constant nagging feeling of not wanting to stray too far from the toilet. The nausea did come back, but the fact that I didn't wake up with it was pretty amazing. That's the first time in about 8 weeks that this has happened. It's a good sign that the end of morning (all day) sickness is just around the corner!!!
And finally, a very exciting and fun update! Ahren and I went to see Dr. Edwards this morning. He is just the sweetest man, and I am so lucky to have him for my doctor! It was a relatively uneventful visit. We scheduled the ultrasound for 6/26 (when we get to find out the sex of the baby!!), scheduled a time for the AFP test (yes, we're doing it again...but we're sure all will be fine this time!), found out Ahren's blood type (B+) which means that I'll have to have the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks, and the most important task of the day - we got the hear the heartbeat!!! She sounded strong and healthy and her heart rate was 156. We heard her kicking around, and I even felt one of the kicks that seemed to be aimed right at the doppler!! I was on cloud nine for a good hour after the visit. There is just nothing better than hearing that heart beating away.
So, today is one of those days that everything just feels right. What could be better? :)

No comments: