Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I have the best daughter on this earth. I feel like all I ever talk about is how perfect she is, yet at the same time I feel like I could never say it enough. Yesterday I woke up to Lexi peeking up at me in my bed. She handed me my mints and my glasses so that we could go downstairs. After allowing me a little while to quietly drink my coffee, she and the best husband on earth happily made me pancakes while also smothering me in hugs and kisses. Later in the day Lexi and I made cookies together, and then even had the unexpected opportunity to help Daddy start our vegetable garden going. For dinner, my fantastic Mom made a wonderful dinner for us, and Grammy, Grampy and Auntie Kae. Lexi really enjoyed having the chance to play with both sets of grandparents and her Auntie Kae. Another great part of the day was that apparently the baby was on to the whole Mother's Day concept and gave me a few hours of feeling great in the middle of the day. I can't ask for much more than that from the little one. :)

No comments: