Monday, April 28, 2008

A Nice Weekend

Even though I felt really lousy for most of it, we had a very pleasant and relaxing weekend at home. Ahren spent a lot of time in the yard cleaning up all of the leaves that fell on top of the snow in the fall. Lexi spent a lot of time out there with him, and had a blast helping him put the leaves and sticks in the bags, and just bopping around the yard.

I just can't say often enough how much of a joy Lexi is. She's polite and kind, caring and just plain lovely. Ahren and I know how lucky we are, and often worry about what #2 will bring...we are so spoiled with such a perfect little girl and we know we're really in for it when her little brother or sister comes along.

Last night Gigi gave Lexi a little pair of shorts and a top for the summer. The shorts were green and the top was pink with flowers (some green) on it. Lexi immediately pointed out to Gigi that they did not match. Gigi tried to explain that the green flowers matched the green shorts but Lexi was just not having it. She gave Gigi her little, "Hmmm...okaaaay..." but it was clear she was not pleased with the combo. Poor Gigi... I know Lexi gets this from me because we spend a lot of time every morning trying to find barrettes and elastics that match her outfit. When she was a little younger she used to insist on some crazy color that clashed terribly with her outfit, so I would take those from her and when she wasn't looking I would hide them under her changing table and then put the matching ones in. Luckily she never caught on to that, and now she's totally with me on the matching. Apparently she got upset with Ahren for using purple barrettes when she was wearing a white shirt. He pointed out that everything matches with white, and that she also had purple flowers on her pants, so they were good. I guess she was okay with that explanation because she wore the purple barrettes all day. Oh my goodness...I think I've created a monster. :)

Here's a cute picture of Lexi in the yard taken with Ahren's new camera...

No comments: