Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Almost An Auntie...Again

Well, we are expecting some rather imminent news about the arrival of our newest niece. Amy had her appointment with her midwife today, and without giving too much detail that you may not want to know...they performed a small "procedure" in hopes that it would move things along today. Her midwife indicated that she would be very surprised if Amy did not go into the hospital tonight. So, Operation: Baby Lillis #3 is in full swing, and Gigi is currently on her way to CT. We are all very excited to see the new baby, and just as excited to hear the final decision on the name, which has gone back and forth *many* times in the last few weeks. I'll be sure to update with pictures when I have some.
In other news, I had an appointment with my own midwife yesterday, and we spoke briefly about what date we should consider for the c-section...yes, this is a very advanced discussion, but I am a planner, and I need to know these things. It looks like the best idea will be to do the c-section before Thanksgiving, and my mom and I thought that the Monday of Thanksgiving week might be the best day. This way, I'll probably be out of the hospital by Thanksgiving (not that I'll be going anywhere, but it's nice to not be in the hospital) and it also avoids the possibility of having the baby on a holiday weekend when there is not much staff on. This is certainly not set in stone yet, but it would make the date November 24th.
Lexi is perfect and continues to be concerned about my tummy aches. She asks me many times a day if my tummy still hurts, or if I'm feeling better. Last night she was feeding Ahren and me some rocks for dinner. When she handed mine to me she said, "Here, Mama, the dirt rock is for you. It will make you feel better." Later in the evening she wanted to play catch with me and found it hysterical when the ball bounced off my belly. I told her she was playing catch with her little brother or sister, and she thought that was pretty cool. Ahren came in and said, "So, you're playing catch with your little brother, huh?" Lexi said, "Yea...or sister." :)
Well, that's all for now. I'm hoping to back back soon with an updated on the impending arrival!

No comments: