Friday, April 11, 2008

Glory Days

This afternoon Gigi stopped by to offer a little moral support after my panicked phone call stating that I just could not find enough to eat. Gigi to the rescue as always - she has already delivered me some gluten free clam chowder, and has a list of other things that she' sure will help to fill me up. I was feeling particularly bummed about the fact that I couldn't eat a burger, or a bacon, egg and cheese from Dunks - pregnancy cravings are particularly tough when most of them are on the "no can do" list.
While she was here Lexi asked if Gigi would dance with her. So I put on some music so they could dance together. A little while later, Gigi was showing me some things she had bought earlier in the day and "Glory Days" came on. Lexi dropped what she had in her hand, pointed to the stereo and shouted, "Oh! Oh! I love this song! Let's dance!" I reminded me of a wedding when you're standing around having a drink and some great song comes on and everyone drops what they're doing to rush back to the dance floor. Yea...my kid's gonna be a party girl. :)

No comments: