This morning Lexi and I went to her Kindergarten Orientation at Thomson School. All the parents and children nervously waited in the cafeteria for the teachers to come and lead us to the classroom. Finally, Miss Sciammana came and led us in. She had each child take a clip board and follow a scavenger hunt which led them around the classroom. One of the directions was to introduce themselves to another child, and I was very proud of Lexi when she followed that one, and met her new friend Madeline. After awhile, Miss Sciammana had all of the children gather on the rug with her to listen to a story. Lexi did not want me to leave her there, even though I was only going about five feet away, but I did and she was fine. Miss Sciammana tried to make all the moms cry by reading "The Kissing Hand", which tells the story of a baby racoon who goes off to school for the first time, and his mom kisses him in the palm of his hand so that he can think of her every time he opens his hand. It was mean, but I made it through by completely tuning out the story and looking around the classroom.
Ultimately, Lexi had a great time at orientation. I think she is going to have a lot of very nice friends this year. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post on her *real* first day of school!!
| All dressed up for her orientation! |

No comments:
Post a Comment