Lexi and I got to enjoy some one on one time today since camp is over and school doesn't start until next week. We've had fun, and she makes me laugh. To especially funny things she said today:
After I asked her to put a little ornament back in the book that it came from:
Lexi: "I can't, there was a stick there before but now it's gone."
Me: "You mean a sticker?"
Lexi: "No, a stick, you know, like a wack."
(I think it might be mean that I haven't really explained to her that the word is "wax", and one piece of wax does not become "wack", but it's just too cute! She needs something to learn in Kindergarten!)
Later, while shopping at the Gap for back to school clothes, I complained about how expensive a very cute shirt was. She replied in a very grown-up tone, "Yes, they must have worked very hard on that one." I agreed and bought it anyway. :)
Lexi was very excited about her back to school shopping, and had a blast picking out clothes and then trying them on in front of the big mirror. Her little poses and faces were cracking me up. We're going to enjoy the heck out of this last week of summer, and after that she will officially be in public school. She's gonna rock it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment