Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pardon Me While I Brag

(Vacation blog and pictures are coming - promise!)

My children are perfect.  I know most people reading this blog agree with me, and don't need proof, but I'm prepared to supply it anyway.

This morning, while I got myself ready for work, Zach and Lexi cheerfully helped each other pick out their outfits for the day.  During this process Zach indicated that he would like to use the potty, so I helped him take of his DRY DIAPER (!!!!!) (second day in a row, folks!) and use the potty, all while Lexi excitedly counted up how many jelly beans he would earn for this wonderful new trick.  Once he was done on the potty, Lexi helped him get his clothes on, and then they sat together on her bed while she read him Rapunzel.  Not an "early reader" version either - the complete, non-princess version. 

After a lovely breakfast full of sweet discussions, Lexi helped Zach get his shoes on, and then cheered when he got his previously earned jelly beans.  Out the door we went, and we be-bopped to some music all the way to Fadia's where they blew kisses to each other and said goodbye for the day.

No, they're not always this well behaved - they both have their moments, but it truly is the norm, so much so that I often expect them to say things like, "Golly gee, Lexi, I sure would like to borrow your record player!"  My children are a pleasure, and simply wonderful to each other.  Just the other day Lexi included "A Fireman dress-up outfit for Zach" in her birthday wish list because it wouldn't be fair if she was the only one getting presents.  What a lucky mom I am to have two such beautiful and loving children.

No comments: