Dear Lexi,
On Friday you turned six years old. There is simply no way for me to express clearly enough how proud of you I continue to be. It's been a big year for you. You've overcome a lot of challenges, grown and learned so many things, and I know that in the grand scheme, this is only a small preview of what is to come. In the last year you have become an amazing swimmer, a beautiful dancer, a proficient reader, and just the most creative little girl. The best thing about you is that you are a sweet, loving girl who is nice to everyone. You have lovely friends, and a little brother who simply adores you.
In two weeks you are going to Kindergarten. It's a big step for both of us (I always think these things are harder on the moms, than the kids), but you are 100% ready. A new school, new schedule, new teachers, it's going to be a lot of change, but we are all excited to watch you totally rock Kindergarten, and I know you're going to be great. It will be sad to say goodbye to some of your sweet friends from preschool, but I know we'll keep in touch with some of them, and many more wonderful friends are just ahead.
On Friday night we had a wonderful little party for you at the pond with your friends. Everyone had a blast (despite a small passing thunderstorm), and Daddy and I were so happy to watch you run around and play with your friends.
On Saturday we spent the day together as a family. We went on a long hike (your pick) through Weir Hill, where we stopped for a long time at the water so that Daddy could teach you how to skip rocks. After our hike we went home for lunch, and spent a little time playing some of the games you got for your birthday. We couldn't possibly leave out a trip to Benson's, so off we went so that you and Zach could share a fresh native peach frappe. It was a perfect little day spent with our perfect little family.
Daddy and I feel so blessed every day because of you and your brother. Happy birthday my sweet girl!!
Love,
Mama
Full album of the weekend can be found here.








No comments:
Post a Comment