Lexi's first week of Kindergarten, and our first week of a crazier and more strict schedule, was a success! Our last two "firsts" come tomorrow (Lexi's dance class) and Monday (Zach's gymnastics class) so there is more new and busy ahead of us, but I feel like we're off to a great start.
Today the weather was beautiful, after a very rainy week, so Zach and I got to walk Lexi to school. It was a blast. We hung out during the opening ceremonies and we were very excited that Lexi and all the summer birthday kids got to take part in the birthday song. There was a lovey sense of community on the playground, and it made me very happy.
Zach and I couldn't wait to pick up Lexi at the end of the day. We're not used to her being gone so long on a Friday. We rode bikes to pick her up, and then rode back together. She had another great day, and we're looking forward to a quiet and relaxing weekend before we do it all again next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment