I hear this a million times a day. It's Zach's "go to" thing to say I suppose when he wants to talk but has nothing better to say...
"Know what, Mom?"
"What Zach?"
"My peoples are coming to my house."
It's started to grow on me. I sorta like it when he says it out of blue and out of context - especially when we're either out of town, driving away, or have plans somewhere else.
But today something weird happened. It changed. Today after "Know what, mom?" came, "My friends are coming to my house." Friends?? What?? What happened to the people?
And it bummed me out. Because I know this is the beginning of the end. Soon he'll stop saying it altogether, and it will be another sign that he's growing up. Why do my kids keep doing this to me??
2 comments:
Yep, he did the same thing to me Thursday night. He also gave me a very coherent account of what he did that day. Of course my response was more proud that he's growing up, but I'll miss 2yr old Zach too.
NOOOO !! Auntie Ali is missing too much ! Tell him to SLOW DOWN !
Post a Comment