Thursday, July 21, 2011
Someday Her Prince Will Come
Last night, after reading Lexi and Zachary a very non-Disney version of Rapunzel, Lexi says to me, "I wish I was Rapunzel." "Why?" I asked. "You want to be locked up in a tower?" "No" she replied, "I want to be saved by the prince." I said, "Well Lexi, someday you'll find your prince just like I did." "You mean Daddy?", she asked. "Yes!" I replied. There was a small pause and she said, "Roan is Katie's prince." (Two friends from preschool) "Really?" I asked "Roan and Katie are an item now?" "Well, they want to be", she said "but I want Roan to be my prince too." "Really?" I said "Well, that's a problem. What are you going to do about that?" She replied, "Well, we decided that we have to come up with a plan, but since we haven't seen much of each other lately, we haven't had a chance to come up with one yet." How very diplomatic of them. We both want Roan for ourselves, but we wouldn't want to be rude, so we'll just have to take turns. And so it begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment