Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Preschool Graduate!
It is nearly impossible to believe that Lexi could have graduated from preschool today. Yes, I know that preschool probably has a damn near 100% passing rate, but it simply seems unbelievable that she could be old enough to move on to Kindergarten. But it's true - this kid is ready to go, and we couldn't be more proud of her.
Last week I got her report card, and I'm sure I'm not surprising anyone when I say that I sat in the car and cried while reading it. I actually did pretty well getting through four pages of "Shows a consistent understanding of concept" and "Lexi is a pleasure to have in class", etc. It was a glowing report card if I've ever seen one. But it was the very last sentence that started the waterworks, "Lexi loves physical play and is very proud of her fast running." Frankly, she should be. And I am too. So proud. She's come a long way, baby, and that confidence she has is simply amazing. I know she's off to do amazing things in the years ahead of her.
Today was her final preschool graduation. She actually had two, because they are divided by MWF and T/Th classes, of which she attends both, but today was the "real" graduation. Gigi, Poppy, Daddy and I enjoyed the wonderful performance she put on with her classmates, and looked on with pride as she received her preschool diploma. I was mostly just proud that I was able to keep the crying to a dull roar, and not completely embarrass her - impressive considering she made me cry by opening a card that played pomp and circumstance in the card store the other day.
I'm A Star
Earth Day Birthday
NEMS Moving On Song
After we said goodbye to her friends and teachers (until we see them next week for camp), Ahren, Gigi and I took Lexi out to lunch. But the real treat was what she found waiting for her in the car. Some kids get cars when they graduate from high school (some kids, not you Lexi and Zach...just in case you're reading this!), so we thought it would be appropriate to get Lexi a new ride as well. She is officially in a booster seat, which has already proven to be more exciting for me than for her, as she can now buckle and unbuckle herself.
All in all it was a lovely day, and we are so proud of our big girl! On Friday we have invited the entire graduating class of NEMS to our house for a party. And they're calling for rain. Oh well, who needs the sun when you're surrounded by good friends...and we certainly made a lot of those in the last 2 1/2 years at NEMS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment