Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lexi's Birthday Circle

At NEMS, all of the summer babies have their school birthday celebrations in the last weeks of school.  Today was Lexi's 6th Birthday Circle Celebration, and I was invited to go along.  I had so much fun with Lexi and her classmates.  First they sat at circle time and Lexi showed on picture from each year that she has been alive. 

Next she presented one item from each year, which signified her favorite toy of that year:
0-1 - Daddy's rattle
1-2 - Her elastic and bead ball
2-3 - Her Snap and Style dolls
3-4 - Dress up shoes
4-5 - The necklace she wore in Auntie Jen and Uncle Devan's wedding
5-6 - The first two books she read all by herself - Happy Halloween, Mittens and Run, Dogs, Run.


Next she held an earth, and walked around the sun six times while her classmates counted each of her trips around the sun.  Video of this here.

Finally, Lexi and I handed out the supplies for her birthday craft.  Each child received a small paper box with paint and stickers to decorate.  The class had a good time doing this, and I was impressed with all of their creativity in decorating.


It was during the craft that I overheard the cutest conversation between two of her classmates.
Girl - "Look, I made the cross!"
Boy - "The cross of Jesus?"
Girl - "Yea!"
Boy - "That's so cool!  I LOVE the cross of Jesus!!  Did you know there is a cross of Jesus on top of our school?"
Girl - "Uh, yea!  That's because we're in a church."
Another Girl - "I go to another church.  In Acton."

NEMS is not a Catholic School, so this was a surprising, and very cute conversation.

I am so proud of Lexi, and I had a great time celebrating her fake 6th birthday with her this morning.  Next week...preschool graduation!!!

No comments: