Saturday, January 12, 2008

Remembering The Past

I'm sure you all remember the difficult time we went through during Lexi's first year. I know that it was the most difficult time that Ahren and I went through, and people often say to me, "I'm sure you want to just forget that." but I absolutely do not. Anytime things get hard, I think back to that time, take a look around and think, "My little girl is happy and healthy. She can run and play, and stand up from a sitting position...things that I often thought she might never do. Things might be hard, but things are good." When we had our first snow this year Lexi begged me to buy her some boots so that she could go play in the snow. The morning after I finally got her those boots I let her trudge in the snow around while I was warming up the car. She walked back and forth through the snow with this huge grin on her face, while I stood there watching and sobbing. She's come so far... Sometime progress feels slow, but there is always progress and we couldn't ask for anything more.
I have some old e-mails (and old pictures) that I wrote when we were going through those tough times. So that they don't get lost to the e-mail eating monster, I'm going to post some of them on here.

No comments: