Monday, January 7, 2008

Physical Therapy and My Funny Monkey

Lexi had physical therapy this morning, and she worked really hard. Mary Ellen had her doing a puzzle on her belly, but she had to prop herself up with her hands, and then reach with one hand to get the puzzle piece and put it in the puzzle. I could see that she was trying really hard, and working a lot to do it right. I was so proud of her because I often think that she "can't" do things because she doesn't want to try hard enough. Mary Ellen was also very pleased with her effort this morning. It was a very good visit. She'll have her one year evaluation on January 25th. She has to be six months behind to qualify for services, so I'm not sure if that will happen, but I know that Mary Ellen will do a professional appeal to keep her in until she's three. She can do the stuff she's supposed to do, but the quality of what she is doing is not at a level that we are happy with yet.

As usual, she's been making us laugh a lot over the past few days. Yesterday I was making some tea and when the kettle whistled Ahren said, "Oh, what's that? Is it a train??" Lexi replied, "No, Dada, that's not a train. It's....ummmm....hmmm...Mama, I can't think of the word." I told her it was called a tea kettle, so she goes on, "Yes. Dada, it's not a train, it's just Mama's tea kettle, okay?" You kind of have to hear the tone to get the full appreciation, but she's just a funny kid all around.

Last night we had dinner with Gigi, Poppy and Great Gram. Lexi impressed everyone with her ability to down spoonfuls of sour cream. :) She also really enjoyed riding around on Poppy like a horse, and gave Poppy quite a workout in the process. It was a nice night and a yummy meal as always.

Daddy begins his CFA course again tonight, so Lexi and I are going to be bachelorettes on Monday nights for a few months. I'm trying to come up with something special to do together. I asked Lexi if she had any ideas, but she couldn't come up with anything. I'm sure we'll think of something - otherwise we'll be invading Gigi and Poppy's house every week for entertainment!

1 comment:

Heather, Tim, Delia, Logan and Gus said...

Tell Lexi she doesn't have long to wait to enter the exciting world of chores! I think my parents had a special stool built just so I could start my nightly dishwashing a little early ;0