I have the best hairstylist in the whole world. After years of uneven haircuts by girls who were out drinking until 3am the night before, I made the fantastic discovery that my friend Kelly LeCours is a hairsylist. Kelly is one of the most beloved members of MVS and in her "early" years in the club was affectionately referred to as 5K Kelly, as she never wanted to race more than a 5K...oh how times have changed. :)
Kelly has been cutting my hair for about a year and a half, and I love it. It's great to be able to talk running and parenting with your hairstylist (she's a mom of two lovely girls) rather than drinking and clubbing. I just adore Kelly, can you tell? Today I had an appointment with her and admitted to her that I've known for some time that Lexi needs a haircut, but I've been timid about doing it, and would never trust anyone with her hair besides Kelly. She told me she would be happy to do it, and would even have time today while my color was processing. So, I called Ahren and he brought Lexi right down.
Kelly and Lexi both did a fantastic jobs. Lexi stood very still and didn't fidgit at all. Kelly had her "help" by holding some clips and a hairbrush, jobs which Lexi took very seriously. Kelly took a couple of inches off, immediately making Lexi look years older!! I'm sure I had the hardest time, it's always so hard seeing new evidence of your baby growing up, but I didn't cry!! It was a great day, and Lexi is very proud of her new "do".
Here are some pictures of the big event...
No comments:
Post a Comment