Great Gram fell a few weeks ago and broke her ankle. Since then she has been in the hospital and then two rehab facilities while she recovers. I can recall not really loving visiting my older aunties in the nursing home when I was a kid and I worried that the kids would not want to visit Great Gram as much as they had before. But they have been amazing with her! Zachary has been drawing her lots of pictures in her guest book, and he even helped Gigi and me move her from one rehab to another. Lexi spent a lot of time very patiently writing a note for Great Gram, on her white board, giving her instructions on how to push her button to call for the nurse. I've been very proud of the kids through all of this. They always ask when we can go visit again, and are very sweet to Great Gram while we are there. We are all hoping that she is feeling better soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment