Thursday, April 4, 2013

Taking A Tone

On Tuesday morning Lexi was struggling to find an outfit that she was happy with.  I had made a few suggestions that were NOT acceptable, and she was getting more and more upset.  Finally I just jumped in the shower and left her to solve it on her own.  Awhile later she came into the bathroom holding an orange shirt and a bright pink skirt.  She said, "Mom, does this match?"  I looked at it and said, "Yes, Lexi, it looks fine."  Then she groaned and said, "MoooooooM!!"  "What??" I asked.  She said, "I can tell by your tone that you don't really think it matches, but that you're just saying that it does because you don't want to argue with me."  Hmmm...I guess I need to work on my acting skills.  Having a teenager...er...seven year old in the house is tricky business.

No comments: