Dear Lexi and Zachary,
This morning, when I woke up and came downstairs, I was greeted with a huge smile, hug so strong it almost choked me, and a "Happy Mover's Day!!" (Zach), and also a quiet arm around my waist and head placed on my shoulder so that I could kiss it right on the very top (Lexi), and I felt loved. You two are different in so many ways.
Lexi, the eternal rule follower who never even mentioned that you were working on a Mother's Day project for me until you placed your surprise into my hands, and Zachary, the eternal story teller, who greeted me at daycare one afternoon by telling me that you were not going to tell me about the necklace that you had made me for Mother's Day. (Temporary Note - I have not yet received the necklace from Zachary, as Fadia had an accident at the daycare and had to close for a couple of days. I'll post that picture on Tuesday)
But you both make me feel so loved in so many little ways. The little tiny things that you both do every day, probably without even noticing that you're doing them are the things that make my heart swell with joy and pride. You are you. There is no one else on the whole planet like you. You are brother and sister, my son and my daughter, created from my DNA, and you are different. And even though you're different, I love you both equally with an intensity that I had no idea existed before I knew you. Today is a day to celebrate Mothers, but you are the ones who gave me that title. You made me Mommy, Mama, Mum, and today I just want you to know that I am so honored to own that title. I am blessed and honored to be your Mother. You both make my heart sing and my world complete and I can't imagine what my life would be without you. So thank you, Lexi and Zachary, for being just what I need every day, and for making me feel loved in your own special ways. I hope I make you feel just as loved in my own special ways, because you are the two most important people in my world. Today I celebrate you.
Happy Mother's Day. I love you with all my heart.
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment