Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Look Out, Cats!

One morning, in the midst of picking up the kitchen, I glanced over toward where Zachy was standing, near the cat bowl.  In his hand was a small colored pencil, about the size of a golf pencil.  I watched him for a moment as he looked at the pencil, then at Peter, who happened to be walking away, and then back at the pencil, and at Peter again.  In an instant I watched Zachy's face light up and he took a step in the direction of Peter, who was now on the other side of the dining room table, facing Zach and looking terrified.  I quickly stepped in, "Zachary, don't you dare put that pencil anywhere near Peter's bum!"  "But Mama", Zachy retorted, "I asked Peter and he said he wanted to try it!"  "Zachary, Peter does not know what he is talking about, step away from the cat and give me the pencil."  His "AWWWWW!!" let me know that I have to be very careful about leaving any narrow objects within Zachary's reach from now on.  He had a great idea, and now he just has to wait until Mama is out of the room long enough to execute.  Watch out, cats.  There's a little boy on the prowl, and he wants to play with you!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Haha! .....and watch out Zachy -- those kitties have claws!