Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gigi's Knees!

This guest blogging thing is getting to be kinda fun!  Today's submission is from my mom, who helped me out yesterday afternoon by taking my kids to the track while I did my workout.  It was a warm day, so before they came over to the track, she had to change out of her work clothes.


From Gigi:
I quickly changed from pants into shorts, this afternoon, to go over to the track with Lexi and Zach.  Zach took a look at my legs, looked alarmed,  and said:  "What is those?  Is those your knees?"
I said "Yes".
Looking concerned, and quite disappointed, he asked:  "Why?"


Despite the killer workout I had, it was probably the most fun I've ever had at track.  Both kids (but especially Lexi) cheered for me non-stop.  Part of the rest was a jog along the bleachers.  Towards the end of the workout my jog started out as a walk so I could catch my breath.  Lexi ran up to me and walked along saying, "Mama, why are you walking??"  I told her that I was very tired.  She said, "But Mommy, I know you can do it!  You just have to start running again and I'm sure you can win the race.  You can do it, Mommy!"  She inspired me so I picked it up to a slow shuffle.  She said, "Great job, Mom!!"  and running along beside me, "I'm right here with you Mom, you're doing great!!"  What an awesome little cheerleader!

No comments: