Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jazz Hands

I can only imagine the beating I am going to take from future Zach when he reads this post...

For some time now we (well, mostly my mom and I) have been joking that Zachary is going to end up being gay. I mean, the child is being partially raised by his four year old sister...the one who does not take one step out of her bedroom in the morning until she is dolled up in her princess necklace, fancy skirt, and either headband or tiara (sometimes both). One of his favorite toys is her princess microphone that sings "bippidy boppidy boo" and he's recently taken to trying to put on Lexi's princess dress up clothes. This would be just fine by me (imagine the fashion advice I could get for free!), but of course Ahren has other, more manly, plans for his son's future.

Yesterday we were all home together on a rare Monday as Ahren and I were both recovering from a stomach virus that somehow managed to hit all of us but Lexi. Zach was pulling a typical dramatic meltdown because I had (gasp!) put him down...I know, call DSS now. I said to him, "Zachary, I think it's quite possible that you are more of a drama queen than your sister. I think we should send in your early acceptance applications to the finest theater schools in the country now. You'll definitely be accepted." Ahren rolled his eyes, so I conceded..."Well, you do also have quite a throwing arm on you. Maybe you'll end up being a pitcher for the Red Sox." This seemed to make Ahren happier. Then I whispered, "...a world famous pitcher, or an actor on Broadway - either way I'll come watch you every time you perform. However...I do prefer theater over baseball, so let's start practicing those jazz hands now!"

1 comment:

AhrenL said...

I'm not worried. Two of his favorite activities are burping and farting.. Following closely by hitting..