Saturday Zachary turned 11 months old. It's so hard to believe he could be one month away from a one year old! He's growing up quickly and doing so many more things every day. He is trying hard to do some real talking now. One of the funniest ways that he babbles is when he goes, "dukadukadukadukaduka...hahahahaha" I really think he's trying to copy us when we are having conversations. Sounds like he's hearing us do a lot of laughing! :) The words that he's working on saying correctly are as follows:
Mama
Dada
Cat (at)
Hi (Hah!)
Uh-oh
I did it (I swear! Usually it's right after he does something and we go, "Hooray!" or "Tada!")
All done
Yah
Shakes his head no
Waves bye-bye
He is also pointing up a storm, although it still seems like he's pointing randomly at things. Either way, the communication is coming, and it's definitely getting exciting. The more we understand what he wants the more excited he gets. :)
He has not yet started to walk, but I really think he could if he just let go. He is very strong and steady on his feet, even standing by himself for a few seconds at a time, so he'll get there soon.
Zachary now has four teeth, and it seems like more are starting to bother him, but he still never gets very cranky. Even when he's sick he has a constant smile on his face. He's just the happiest boy alive.
Yesterday we went to the playground and he had such a blast! I let him go down the slide, through the tunnel, on the bouncy platform, on the swing, and just let him crawl around in the mulch. It was the first time he really got to enjoy the playground himself, and it was a blast watching him have so much fun there.
No comments:
Post a Comment