When Lexi came home from school, I told her all about the implosion and showed her the videos (mine, and some for various news websites). She made me show them to her no less than 30 times and asked me why I didn't bring her. I told her that I would have kept her out of school for the morning if I had known how safe it would be, and that I was sorry I didn't. She made me drive her over there to see the remains, and had a million questions about why they took the smokestacks down, if any of the other buildings were hurt, etc. Then she said to me, "Mom, when they build new smokestacks, and then they get old so they have to come down, can you please tell my preschool teachers that I won't be at school that day because I'm going to watch?" I promised I would. :)
Here is a link to my dad's photos from the day.
And here is a link to one of the videos online...though I don't know how long this will remain available.
No comments:
Post a Comment