





Of course, Santa came to visit the party, but Lexi was still not interested in going anywhere near him. She just does not trust a big man in a red suit - which I suppose, in the grand scheme is a good thing. But she was more than happy to be handed a gift from him...via one of the other children.

Christmas morning was crazy as always. I think Lexi had more fun handing gifts out than opening them. Lexi and Cassie had a blast comparing gifts, and all three kids shared with each other nicely all day long. 

Dinner was wonderful, as always, and then there were more presents in the afternoon. Lexi was all gifted out by the end of the day...but it wasn't over yet!
On Monday, Uncle Devan, Aunt Jen, Auntie Kae, Grammy and Grampy all came to our house to celebrate the Lippman Christmas. Santa had made a visit at Grammy and Grampy's house, so Grammy brought the stockings up here for Lexi and Zachary to open. We had a very relaxed dinner, and then opened a gazillion presents. It was great to see Devan and Jen, and a fun evening all around.


On New Year's Eve, Ahren, Lexi, Zach and I drove up to Gigi and Poppy's condo in Vermont to ring in the New Year with my parents and some of our friends. The drive was horrible, and took 5 1/2 miserable hours, but once we got there we enjoyed a very relaxing few days lounging around the condo. Lexi and Poppy tried to go sledding, but it was 5 degrees and just a little too cold to enjoy the ride.


So the rest of the weekend we really just lounged around and did almost nothing. It was fantastic!





So, now we're back to "normal" life and I have to say I'm pretty happy we are. The holidays were a blast, but they were very busy, and I'm glad to have a few more weeks of maternity leave to enjoy my newborn. Zachary is growing up so fast, and I feel like I've missed a lot of it from being so busy with the festivities.
We are looking forward to a better 2009 for everyone, and continued blessings (hopefully not in the form of more children, just yet) for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment