Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lexi-isms

Even when she's sick, Lexi makes me laugh...

The other evening she climbed up onto the couch and asked if I would let her watch cartoons. I had been watching the news, but was happy to put cartoons on for her, because she was really feeling lousy. As I got the cartoon that she wanted she said to me, "Mama, maybe when I'm older I'll watch the news with you and Daddy."

A day or two later:
Lexi: "Mama, I can't breeve."
Me: "I know, sweetie. It's because you have a cold. If you want, I can get the sucker (aka "nasal aspirator") and suction your nose. I will help you to be able to breathe better."
Lexi: "I can breeve now."

What a cutie. Here she is with her "Brover brov brov" aka "Zacharia" aka "Buddy" wearing her "Big Sister" shirt and Zach wearing his "Little Brother" shirt that she picked out for him.

And it's hard to believe, but this happy little boy is starting some of his own tricks as well! A few days ago I was nursing him and telling Ahren a story. Apparently I was being too loud because He started waving his hands around and moaning at me as I spoke. I stopped talking and he went back to happily nursing. As I started talking again, he again started waving his hands and moaning. Apparently the little prince needs to eat in peace...SO much like his big sister. :) Last night after we ate dinner, Zach was in his swing and Lexi and I were chatting at the table, but we had our backs to Zachary. He started fussing, and we turned and saw the biggest pouty face we'd ever seen! As soon as we starting talking to him we got this face:
Then Ahren came over and we said, "Zachary, show Daddy your new trick - show him your new face!" and we got this:
The original face was much poutier, but as soon as we all laughed, the bright smiley face came back. He did it two more times after that too...the boy is two months old and already smart as a whip! We better start saving more money for college - because we have two genius children on our hands. :)

No comments: