Zachary Thomas was born on Monday night, November 24th 2008 at 9:33 pm. He weighed 8lbs. 3ozs. and was 20 inches long. We opted to allow my midwife to break my water on Monday in order to ensure that we had the best chance of having the birth we wanted. I'm so glad I made that decision. I was having regular contractions when we went to the hospital at 3pm. When Ruth arrived at 6pm I was still feeling fine, but within moments of her breaking my water I was knee deep in labor. I labored for about three hours in a beautiful, quiet and dark room with a fantastic team of Ahren, who never stopped rubbing my back for three full hours, my mom, who somehow managed to always say the exact right thing at the exact moment that I needed her to, Ruth, my midwife who I could not have been more blessed to find, and Mary, the nurse who I am sure was sent to me by Nana to help me through his birth. After about three hours of labor and a half hour of pushing, out popped Zachary Thomas.
Lexi has been amazing with her little brother. She is very good at taking care of him, and has been very happy to have him home. Ahren and I are adjusting to having a newborn in the house again along with a three year old, but so far all is well and we are as happy as can be.
I will try to be a little bit better about posting updates, although it's tough to find a free moment when no one needs the mama. :) 







1 comment:
Hey Crissy & Ahren,
Congratulations on the safe arrival of Zachary Thomas. He's adorable and I wish you all the best of everything. See you soon. God Bless you all,
Love, Uncle Joseph
Post a Comment