Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween and More

This crazy thing has happened during this pregnancy, and has become more pronounced in my final few weeks - I have a lot that I want to say, but my brain is having a very difficult time forming my thoughts into sentences that the rest of the world will understand. I keep finding myself feeling frustrated that people don't seem to understand what I'm saying, but I realize that there is just so much swimming around in my head that I can't possibly get it all out. So, because of this I've had a hard time keeping up with e-mails, and keeping up with blog posts. It actually took me a half hour to compose a two sentence e-mail to a friend of mine this week, just letting her know that I was busy on Monday and wouldn't be able to get the kids together. Part of the problem was that I changed my mind no less than ten times while writing the e-mail about whether or not I should try to reschedule the day so that we could get the kids together...which lead my mind down the path of all that needed to be done before "What Then" finally makes his appearance.

So, all of that was to ask that you please forgive my lack of posting, and my lack of clear thoughts when I actually do post. I hate to let a few cute moments get lost because my brain doesn't work, so I'm just going to do my best...

First, Halloween was super cute. Lexi had a BLAST trick-o-treating, though I think next year we need to find a friend for her to go with. She and Ahren painted my belly to look like a pumpkin because we felt that it was too cute of an opportunity to pass up.



The next day Ahren and I opened our blinds to find our neighbors standing in the driveway looking up. When we went out to investigate what was going on, we discovered that JoJo the cat (from across the street) had escaped from the house the night before, climbed the tree, and been stuck up there all night. After much discussion about how we should get him down (which included propping up a ladder and hoping he would climb down on his own) Ahren finally became the local hero and climbed up to save little JoJo.



No comments: