Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Obama

I was reading Dooce.com the morning after the election and looking at the picture of her dog, Chuck with OBAMA written on his head in treats.

Lexi came in and looked at it, and was asking me what it was. I asked her to tell me the letters and she did so I told her that they spelled out Obama, and he is our new president. I had spent a good deal of time the night before talking to her about the election, and what the president does, and how amazing it was that we were about to elect our country's first African American President. So, I told her that he had, in fact been elected as our president and a little bit about how awesome it was and asked if she remembered me telling her about him last night. She said, “Yea, but Mama? Why is he a dog??” I didn’t even realized what I was doing!! I quickly went to boston.com to show her some pictures of the ACTUAL president. It was going through a slide show of pictures and we saw Obama and his family, which she thought was awesome. Then when there were pictures of crowds cheering she said, “Oh, and a wedding…” and then there was a picture of McCain and she said, “Oh, and it’s over…”

No comments: