So, in about 8 weeks or so I am due to give birth to a baby, who we happen to know is a boy. The only trouble with this is that we do not seem to be able to agree on what we should call this little angel. We've discussed several options:
Jackson - there are soooo many Jacks, though I love Jackson and also J.T.
Zachary - I'm not sure I love Zack, but I love that he would be named after my Nana (whose maiden name was Zaccari)
Cameron - Too feminine, though I love Cam
Nathaniel - Eh...
Anderson - Don't like Andy...sounds like windows
Vincent - I don't think I could seriously call him "Vinny"
The list goes on and on...
Last week at dinner Ahren and I were discussing our options again, mostly going back and forth about our top two (Zachary and Jackson), but throwing a few more in the mix. Suddenly Lexi comes out with the suggestion that she thinks we should name him "What Then." HUH?? "What Then?" we inquired? "Yes" she replied. Hmmm...as we attempted to continue discussing...um...REAL names she continued to interject "What Then!! We'll call him What Then!" only getting more and more upset the more we ignored her insistence. So, finally we just had to end the conversation so that she could go back to calmly eating her dinner.
The next afternoon she was looking through the books on our bookshelf and pulled off the "35,000 Baby Names" book we have (which, even though we bought used, still goes down as the worst spent money ever as this book is full of 34,995 names that are even more ridiculous than "What Then"). She said, "Look Mom, here is the book that has names we can call my brover" "Yes" I said. Then she opens it to a page about a quarter of the way in, looks intently at it for a moment, and then jabs her finger down on the page and said, "See, Mom?? There it is! 'What Then'!"
Oh dear...well at least one of us has chosen a name she likes!
No comments:
Post a Comment