Zachary had a really lousy cold this week with a terrible, constant cough. He was exhausted, we were exhausted, it was not good. One afternoon he said to me, "Mama, I wish they had made me so that I wouldn't get sick." I said, "Who?" He said, "The people who made me." I said, "Buddy, Mama and Daddy made you, remember?" He replied, "Oh yea. Why did you make me so that I could get sick?" Hmmm...I guess we're not as awesome as we had previously thought.
Later...
Zach: "I hate getting sick."
Me: "I know buddy, but you know, getting a little bit sick from time to time is not a bad thing! You see, we have this system in our bodies called 'the immune system' and it's like a muscle. If it doesn't have to fight off illnesses from time to time then it gets weak, and can't protect us when...
Zach: "Ooh, mom! Look at this!"
Me: "Zach, didn't you want to hear my story about the immune system?"
Zach: "I don't really know that story... OOH! I KNOW!! Can we BUY it??"
Me: Sigh...
And on a completely unrelated, but odd, note.
Zach: "Mom, remember that fat painter that was at our house?"
Really?? Did my son seriously just refer to someone as the "fat painter"?? Where have I gone wrong...
No comments:
Post a Comment