Thursday, May 23, 2013
Negotiations
Yesterday afternoon, as I was "processing the backpacks" as I like to call it, I found a $1 bill in Lexi's folder. I took it out and left it on the table. When she came home she said, "Oh, was this the dollar from my backpack?" I told her it was, and asked her what it was from. She said, "Oh, well Camilla always wants to borrow my crayons, like everyday, so finally today I told her she could borrow it but she would have to pay me a dollar a week." Incredulous, I said, "She agreed to pay you a dollar a week for a crayon? Does she get to keep it?" "Well," Lexi replied, "She gets to have a new crayon each week." I exclaimed that Lexi would end up not having any crayons of her own and she said, "No, she has to give me the first crayon back, and then for another dollar she can have another crayon for the week." I didn't really know what to say. She had apparently negotiated a crayon lease program that this other little girl seems to have agreed to. She does have totally cool crayons, and as long as I don't have to buy her new ones, I guess I see no reason to not let this deal go through. But I did have to ask one more question... "Where did she get the dollar?" "From her purse." Oh, of course. What first grader doesn't carry around a purse full of cash. I hope she had her lunch money...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment