Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cousin Fun on February Vacation

We were so lucky to have the cousins (Ben, Cassie and Sophie) come visit us for the entire week of February vacation.  We had non stop fun with seeing a movie at Chunky's Theatre, bowling, playing at LaserCraze, playing in the snow, going to The Museum of Science, and Imajine That.  The kids get along and play so well together, and I think it's safe to say that all five kids had a great week!  Here are some pictures of the fun.

Girl's night at Auntie and Uncle's house.


Happy Bowlers.  (Sophie chose to stay at Gigi and Poppy's house rather than go bowling.)

Zach LOVES to bowl!
The boys - SO cool!
Winners winners, chicken dinners!  (Lexi blew us all away!)

We can't go bowling without playing a few games of Ice Ball in the arcade!


Zach went incognito at LaserCraze to avoid being embarrassed by his adoring public!


Zach got to join in for this Girl's Night!


Checking out the wildlife at MOS

The best kids on earth!


Zach's ready for the 3D Meerkats movie!


With the triceratops.  Zachary told us that "tri" means three, and it's called a triceratops because it has three horns.


We got to spend some time with a screech owl, and a skunk!


The boys - ready for take off.


Checking their instruments.


Benjamin - future astronaut!


Ben and Zach in the hurricane tube!

Yes, we had a wonderful week full of fun.  Sadly, it ended with an unintended "bang" when Gigi, the kids and I were in an accident on our last day together.  Gigi and I were horrified when I hit a truck that blew through the stop sign on Waverly Road.  After determining that everyone was ok (minus the car) I was concerned that the kids might have been scared by such a collision.  Silly me - the kids decided it was the BEST thing we had done all week.  What can I say?  Auntie aims to please!


Gigi's car took the brunt of the impact, keeping all seven of us inside safe and sound.

It was quite a hit.  You should see the other truck!

Best part of vacation!  Getting a ride home in the ambulance, with our friend and EMT Rob Crane.

No comments: