Dear Zachary,
Today you turn four years old. The morning started as it often does, with you climbing into my bed for an early (really early!) morning snuggle with your Mama. That beautiful little Zachy grin spread across your face when I reminded you that today was your birthday and it made my heart swell with joy.
You are simply the happiest boy I have ever known. Your smile is infectious and you make me laugh a million times a day. Sometimes you try to tell me a story with a serious little expression on your face, and I have to hide my smile because even though I know it is serious to you, your expression is so adorable that it just makes me chuckle.
This year you left the comfort of Yaya's house and started preschool. I was so worried about whether you would be ready, but you made the transition like a pro. In no time at all you were happily in your new routine and telling me daily stories about all of your new friends...mostly the girls, and mostly about which ones are your girlfriends, and which ones you've "broken up" with. Yes, you're my little ladies man.
You may be a big preschooler, but you are still my baby. I love that you still enjoy snuggling up into my lap, and that you let me rock and sing to you each night. I'm not sure which of us holds on to the other tighter, but I know that your strong embrace makes me feel like the luckiest mom in the world.
Zachary, you are a kind-hearted, fun, sweet, smart, happy and adorable little boy who has beautifully completed our little family. You make my heart burst with pride every day. Happy birthday to you, my amazing baby. I am looking forward to enjoying another adventure filled year with you.
Love,
Mama
PS - Tonight we took you out to a restaurant for your birthday dinner. For dessert you had an ice cream Sunday, and we sang "Happy Birthday". As we were leaving our table the man behind us wished you a happy birthday, and told us that his was just a few days earlier. I chimed in to tell him that mine was on Monday, just two days after yours. Then you said, "Yup! And her birthday present was ME!" Best present ever... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment