Zachary, my perfect almost four year old, still loves to nap. It's a blessing in so many ways, and only occasionally annoying that we still have to plan our days around the "napping black-out period". This means that on his half days at preschool I have to zip him home, quickly give him a sandwich, and get him right off to bed so that he can get a solid nap in before we have to pick up his big sister at school.
Despite all that zipping, it also usually means that I have to wake him up in order to get him to the school on time. While I hate waking him up, I will admit that watching him wake up is pretty cute. Typically when I walk in the room his eyes pop open, but you can tell he's not actually awake yet. He stares at the ceiling for a few second before he finally looks right at me, and gives me one of his amazingly bright smiles, and then reaches up for me to pick him up and give him a good snuggle. It's always one of my happiest moments of those days. And sometimes he says something to me that makes absolutely no sense at all, or is clearly something he was dreaming about. Last week when I woke him up from his nap, the moment he looked at me he said, "Mom, can we plant an apple seed in the backyard?" I wondered for the rest of the day what he was dreaming about that made him ask me that. It was very cute. And, luckily he forgot all about his desire for an apple tree, because we already have one fruit tree too many in our yard. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment