Monday, March 28, 2011

Kid Funnies

Maybe I'm still in a fun mood from vacation, but the kids have been cracking me up today.

After I picked her up, I was asking Lexi how school was. She told me that Katie went on a "secret vacation" - that she went on vacation, but didn't tell the teachers she was going to be away. I said, "Oh, that's odd...where did she go?" Lexi said she didn't know. I said, "You were on vacation at the same time, and you didn't ask her where she went??" She replied, "Yea.......maybe it wasn't Katie..."

On our way to Whole Foods stuck in some slow moving traffic, I hear Zach exclaim from behind me, "MOM!! This car is NOT moving. It doesn't work! You need to change the batteries!!"

Later, while I was shopping in the vitamin aisle, Zach is pointing and saying, "Look at the bum. Look at the Daddy kissing the bum." Then I hear Lexi say, "That's not a bum Zachy, that's a baby inside a belly!" At this point I feel like I should look at what they're looking at. It is, in fact, a poster of a Daddy kissing a pregnant belly, but only the belly is showing. I explain to Zach that Lexi is correct, and it is a Daddy kissing a pregnant belly. He looks at me like I have ten heads and says, "Noooooo! That's a BUM!!" Sometimes there is just no arguing with the boy.

And speaking of cracks - Zach has a bad little diaper rash right now. Apparently it feels better for him if his diaper is pulled down below his bum. So I keep catching him walking around with his little tushy sticking out. It's cracking me up.

It's not easy coming home from vacation, but at least I have my kiddos to amuse me.

No comments: