Monday, February 28, 2011

Winter

New England is not known for it's easy winters, but this one has been especially challenging. I don't mean to harp on the snow, but it's been out of control. We did have a lull for a couple of weeks, that brought some warmer temps and some rain, which resulted in quite a bit of melting...but then yesterday we got another 6 inches or so - just a friendly reminder from Mother Nature that it's not spring yet.

However, two wonderful things have happened - 1) Gigi and Poppy returned from their month long trip to South America, relieving me of house sitting (including shoveling) duty and 2) Our treadmill finally arrived. For the last month I have felt like a ticking time bomb (Ahren and the kids may argue that I stopped ticking weeks ago, and was really just an extended explosion since then). Not getting out to run has been very hard on me, so the first steps on my new treadmill yesterday actually made me cry tears of joy.

So, now that I'm feeling back on track - less overloaded, and able to get some exercise, I feel like I can't let this winter go without posting my last batch of snow pictures. It's hard to give an accurate number when it comes to our cumulative snow totals in North Andover, but I will tell you that it has been a very snowy winter. We are very much looking forward to things warming up and melting away. Spring is going to be welcomed very warmly in this house!
















No comments: