Yesterday was your 5th birthday. In one way it doesn't seem possible that you could be five. I remember every moment of your arrival like it was yesterday - you changed our world in so many ways I couldn't even begin to count. But in another sense I feel like you've always been here. Sometimes I try to remember what life was like before you came along, and it seems like when I think back to those memories it's almost like you're somehow now a part of them. It's true what they say - having a child is like having your heart walk around outside your body. You are so much a part of me, that I truly feel emptiness when you're not right next to me.
You are a beautiful five year old, both inside and out. All of your teachers, camp counselors, friend's parents, etc. tell me how much of a pleasure you are to have around. You have a beautiful disposition, and I believe you have an old soul. You will often point out how beautiful the scenery is, or a "lovely flower" you spotted on the side of the road. Today you grabbed me to show me the beautiful spider web on your jungle gym (despite your immense fear of the spider web, you can still appreciate it's beauty). You are friendly, empathetic, helpful and appreciative....very unusual characteristics of a five year old.
You've learned so much in the past year, and I'm really excited to see where this next year will take us. In a few short weeks you'll begin your last year of preschool in the "Older Learners" room. You'll be going to school five days a week, and I'll be getting my first taste of "real" school. I know you're ready, and I'm so excited for you.
Lexi, I love you so much I couldn't possibly put it into words. You are simply the best daughter any mother could hope for, and I feel so lucky and blessed that you are mine. Happy, happy birthday, angel. I hope that every day of your life is filled with as much happiness as you've given me.
Love always,
Mama
1 comment:
Ditto. XOXO
Post a Comment