Thursday, July 22, 2010
Bruiser
So, I suppose like many 20 month olds (not Lexi, but you know...20 month olds who actually move) Zach enjoys hanging on anything and everything. If there is something above his head that he can get even the slightest grip on, he will hang from it....line dividers at STORY LAND!!!, the edge of our desk, the gates, any open drawer, the oven door (yes, we have taken proper precautions for these items)... But this morning he tried a new one and it did not go well. As I was putting the last elastic in Lexi's braids to run out the door for camp, daycare, and a busy day at work, Zach decided that it would be a good idea to hang from the back of one of our kitchen chairs. I was alerted to this poor decision when I hear the crash right behind me...turned to look and found Zachary on the floor with the chair on top of him. I picked him up (while chiding him a bit for hanging on the back of chairs) and carried him over to the counter to check him out. As soon as he lifted his head off my shoulder I gasped when I saw the enormous shiner that had appeared in no more than 15 seconds!! Needless to say, we took a trip to Chelmsford this morning, and got to meet Dr. Lisa. She was wonderful, and gave him a good once over. We were lucky that he didn't break the bone under his eye, or get a concussion...but he's got one awesome war wound. Maybe this will make him think twice before hanging off of things...? Maybe not.

Shiner Day Two:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment