Zachary turned 18 months old on May 24th. I was holding off on this post until he had his 18 month visit with the doctor, which occurred last week. I have to start off by saying I am in *love* with Zachary's new pediatrician, Dr. Mark. I actually floated a bit last week I was so excited....and no, it has nothing to do with his looks. Ready for this? You're not going to believe me when I tell you, but I swear it's true...the man, an actual pediatrician with credentials on the wall and everything, honestly and with all of his being, believes that the parents of the children he is treating get to have a say in how the children are going to be treated. And not even just that! He actually believes that WE decide, and that he is just there to inform and guide us!!! He asked me - ASKED me - if I was *okay* with Zach getting two vaccines that day. Let me just repeat that for you...HE asked ME!!! I honestly almost fell over. I didn't know what to say...I think my jaw hung open for a good three minutes...drool oozing out and everything before I finally came to and was able to answer the man...the real, live pediatrician who CARED what I was OKAY with!!! As you can see, I am still in a state of shock over this, as I had long ago come to the conclusion that the only pediatrician that actually cared about the children, or cared about what the parents thought was Dr. Sears...and since he lives in California, I just wasn't ready for the commute.
So, I will resist the urge to transcribe the entire dialogue of the visit, even though reliving the conversation actually makes me giddy. Instead I will just say again, that we really like our new doctor, and it has given me peace over something that has previously caused so much agita. SWOON!
Zach, of course, has once again been described as "perfect" - no surprise here!
Here are his stats:
Weigh - 23lbs 12 ozs - 10-25th %ile
Height - 32 1/4 inches - 50th %ile
Head - 19 1/4 inches - 75-90th %ile (to hold that huge brain)
Dr. Mark is thrilled with all of his developments - how well he is talking, the things he understands, and can do, etc. He's a very smart boy.
Here are some of the new highlights:
Follows one and some two step instructions.
Has started forming a few sentences - "Mama, ah you" (Mama, where are you?)
Eats with a fork and spoon (he's been doing this awhile now)
Knows lots of body parts, and can name or point to them on the appropriate person (Mama's eyes, Zachary's ears, etc.)
Can re-program my iPhone...not a skill we're encouraging. :)
Okay...there are lots of others, but my brain has just entered nap mode...
Anyway, the boy is perfect in every way. I still cannot describe the joy when Zachary and Lexi play together. They are so good with each other, and the sound of the two of them laughing is music to my ears. I am so proud of both of my babies, and we are all really looking forward to a summer full of loads of fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment