Funny quotes from my kids over the last week or so...
Lexi:
"Mama, how can Santa see us if we can't see him?" - This was one of those moments where Ahren and I looked at each other with panic and quickly said something about the elves watching on Santa's behalf!
Lexi was sick last week and I was trying to get her to drink something. I offered a few options that she turned down. Finally I said, "Hmm..let's see...what's your favorite thing in the whole world...?" She replied, "You, hugging me."
Zach:
I was feeding Zach a few weeks ago and he was very far away. As I stood up to move his chair I said, "Zachy, why are you so far away from me?" I SWEAR he said, "Actually, I'm not that far."
Last night at dinner Zach was pointing in Ahren's direction and saying "at, at" I thought he was pointing to the cat, and couldn't figure out why he was pointing so insistantly. Ahren said, "I think he's trying to say "catch"" (they both sound very similar) to which I replied that I was pretty sure it was "cat" because I could see that Charlie was standing near where he was pointing. Just as the words left my mouth Zach looked directly at me and very slowly and carefully said, "BALL". Sure enough, there was a ball there that I couldn't see, and that was what he wanted!
Lexi:
"Mama, how can Santa see us if we can't see him?" - This was one of those moments where Ahren and I looked at each other with panic and quickly said something about the elves watching on Santa's behalf!
Lexi was sick last week and I was trying to get her to drink something. I offered a few options that she turned down. Finally I said, "Hmm..let's see...what's your favorite thing in the whole world...?" She replied, "You, hugging me."
Zach:
I was feeding Zach a few weeks ago and he was very far away. As I stood up to move his chair I said, "Zachy, why are you so far away from me?" I SWEAR he said, "Actually, I'm not that far."
Last night at dinner Zach was pointing in Ahren's direction and saying "at, at" I thought he was pointing to the cat, and couldn't figure out why he was pointing so insistantly. Ahren said, "I think he's trying to say "catch"" (they both sound very similar) to which I replied that I was pretty sure it was "cat" because I could see that Charlie was standing near where he was pointing. Just as the words left my mouth Zach looked directly at me and very slowly and carefully said, "BALL". Sure enough, there was a ball there that I couldn't see, and that was what he wanted!
No comments:
Post a Comment