Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas, Here We Come!

It's hard to believe that Christmas could be 4 days away. It seems like just yesterday that we were bundling little baby Zachary into his baby snowsuit for his first Christmas and I was wondering whether I would survive my first year of being a mommy of two. Well, the good news is that I have survived (assuming all goes will in the next week and a half!). Not only have I survived, but it's been a wonderful year. Lexi has grown and matured so much over the last year and she just continues to be a joy. She is such a great big sister to her little brother that when it's just me and Zachary at home alone I don't know what to do without her! Zachary is becoming more and more of a little person himself. It's so exciting when babies start to have opinions about things, and you see them get excited when you are offering them something they want. Zachary is a little ham, and loves nothing more than to laugh, joke, and play with his family.

Ahren continues to do great at State Street, and we're hoping that all of the promotions he is receiving will eventually result in a pay increase as well! I am so proud of Ahren's work ethic, and it's clear that his employers appreciate it as well. I feel very secure knowing that Ahren is so well respected in his career. He works tirelessly day in and day out, but always has enough energy to play and laugh with the kids, and help me in the evenings. He is such an amazing husband and father - we are SO lucky for that.

While the economy has prevented us from doing some things that we would have liked to do this year, it certainly hasn't made us forget how lucky we are to have our friends and family. It's definitely true that it takes a village to raise a child - and an even bigger village to raise two, and I am so lucky to have a fantastic village made up of family and friends old and new.

We are so looking forward to Christmas this year. It's true that Christmas is so much more exciting when you can watch your own children enjoy it. There's lots more Christmas fun to be had, and then we will look forward to a wonderful 2010!

No comments: